More NES game!
Quick update on the NES game. It’s still in very heavy development. I’ve branched off a first pre-alpha release of it – mainly because I plan on making major changes to the graphics as well as a switch to chr-ram in the next couple of days.
New features since last time:
- A third (mostly empty… it has one screen) map representing a town
- New text engine – there are two distinct entities you can talk to right now. (One is a sign. Find the other!)
- The sword does something now.
- There are two other weapons, one of which you can find in a new short dungeon (Both need some serious polish)
- Saving/loading games
- Two types of monster, which may drop one of two kinds of item.
I’ve set up the NES game page to let you load both this version and the latest, and also added download links for anyone who wants to try it in a better emulator.