So, I don’t post here too often, but I am working on something pretty interesting that I thought I should highlight. I’m writing an NES game from scratch in 6502 assembly.
The results are available on the NES Game page on the site. The page includes an emulator that runs the latest build of the game. I update fairly frequently, but right now it has:
- Two supported maps with around a dozen developed screens.
- A main character with collision detection.
- A health system, and a way to die
- Money that you can pick up
- Music and sound effects!
- A Sword that does nothing.
Not a very good description, but the idea is to build a solid adventure game engine, then develop a full-fledged NES game on top of it.
If you’re interested, feel free to reach out in the comments. As long as you aren’t advertising medications for certain body parts, I’ll be sure to get back to you!